Tuesday, December 31, 2013

NYE part 1

Hey everyone!  Brief post... we are all getting ready to go out to celebrate right now.
Today was a nice, relaxing day. We got to sleep in some before heading to the lab for cardiac analysis of the zebrafish embryos we treated the other day. We had 4 embryos out of 40 we treated that survived, and they were all in the treatment that was supposed to cause heart failure. I didn't feel so bad because no one else's treatments worked either.
After that we went to meet a former professor from UWRF. He was an economics professor who now owns the top publishing company in Taiwan. This was an interesting lunch and I feel very fortunate to have had the opportunity to meet him and talk with him.
Following lunch, we decided to go shopping. Well that was at least our intent. Beth, Pafoua, Pheng and I went to a place for a shoulder and foot massage. It was one of the best massages I have ever had, and I think we all agreed we wanted to go back before we leave. The service we got for the price was well worth it, and since they knew we were tourists they put us together in a room with a great view of the city outside. I'm so glad I went and had a good time relaxing with friends.
We headed back to the hotel and now we are almost ready to leave for fireworks at Taipei 101. I think we are going to stop at a night market on the way. I will post later with pictures of that. I am so excited, this is going to be great!

Picture- view from my massage chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment