Saturday, January 4, 2014

Snorkeling!

Hey everyone! So I've been trying to not rub it in your face that you are all freezing back home and I'm not, but with this post I can't help it...
So the weather here has been amazing. Taipei for the last few days we were there was uncharacteristically warm (upper 60's to low 70's), to the point it may be responsible for the deflation of the giant rubber duck we saw earlier in Keelung. Pingtung is even warmer. The first full day we were here the temps were in the upper 80's. Today was "chillier" in the upper 70's. It is also high humidity. The crazy part is everyone from here thinks the weather is still worth sweaters and coats.
Anyways, so after we finished the aquarium sleepover, we headed back to the dorms to change into our swimsuits and pack for a trip to go snorkeling! We got there and we were all very excited! We put on wetsuits and bootie things and were then given a life vest and a mask. They had special prescription ones that I got to use so I could see on the trip. We took a short ride to the portion of beach we would be snorkeling off of, and all got in the water to start as quickly as possible. There was just so much to see, I can't even begin to describe everything or how I was feeling. I would go again in a heartbeat, I loved it so much! There was just so much unique life to see, like coral or starfish, or the super cool fish like the iridescent, glowing fish we saw.
I know we all wished we could have stayed longer, but we had to head to dinner after we finished. We went to this cute little café that had really good food and drinks. It was just across the road from the ocean so it was nice to sit outside and relax. The second half of the day I would not exchange for anything, and so far is one of my favorite things we have done on the trip.
Tomorrow sounds like it is going to be another fun filled day! I am exhausted, so i think i am going to head to bed!  Thanks for reading along!

Picture - view at dinner
I will try posting snorkeling pictures later.

No comments:

Post a Comment